Daniel Oporto is an international development expert with more than 17 years of experience designing, executing and monitoring projects in specific areas such as competitiveness; inclusive business; inclusive and sustainable agriculture and forestry value chains, market-based value chains, inclusive sanitation, market-based approach to poverty eradication and prosperity creation . His management demonstrated capabilities at consulting firms and NGOs, plus his analytic and research skills and quantitative results orientation have let him achieve an interesting approach to economic and social measurable impact for populations at the base of the pyramid (BoP).
He has worked with geographically-dispersed and multicultural project teams in Latin America, Asia, Africa, Europe and his clients included multilateral and bilateral institutions, aid agencies, NGOS, industry associations and private companies.
He currently lives in Hanoi Vietnam with his family. Previously he has lived in Bolivia, Spain, Costa Rica and Chile. Due to work experience and consulting assignments he has visited Costa Rica, Guatemala, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Spain, Chile, Rwanda and Uganda.
Other areas of expertise: Inclusive business, social & impact investments, market-based mechanisms for poverty eradication, NGOs & nonprofits strategy development, social entrepreneurship, competitiveness, CSR, strategic planning, pro-poor business development services, asset management, equity & pension funds management.
OTHER RELEVANT ACTIVITIES:
- Active blogger about inclusive business, BoP Markets, development, poverty and competitiveness: doporto.wordpress.com
- Columnist for La Razón newspaper (La Paz) related to inclusive economics issues, inclusive business, CSR, development, entrepreneurship, poverty fighting, among others.
- Invited columnist for NextBillion.net where publishes articles related to inclusive business and development
- Invited Expert & Panelist at the IV Encuentro Internacional de Cultura Emprendedora: Emprendedores Inclusivos (Entrepreneurship Culture and Inclusive Entrepreneurs) – Santa Cruz, Bolivia, October 2010
- Invited Expert & Speaker at the “El Emprendimiento como jalonador del crecimiento en las Economías Emergentes” (Entrepreneurship and Emergin Economies Growth) – Medellin, Colombia, November 2010.
- Invited lecturer at Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar de Bolivia where teaches about Business Plans for Inclusive Entrepreneurs, July 2010
- Invited Lecturer at Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz (UPSA) where he taught about international finance, capital markets and economic analysis.
- He builds and nurtures an extensive national and international network of experts and professionals in the following fields: inclusive business, development aid, competitiveness, NGO management, BoP Markets, CSR, sales training and business development services (BDS), among others.
From 2013 Daniel is the Agriculture Sector Leader at SNV Vietnam